- Peer Typing June 5, 2018
- Cumann na mBunscol Girls Division 3 Shield final June 5, 2018
- Cumann na mBunscol Boys Division 3 League Final June 5, 2018
- Cumann na mBunscol June 5, 2018
- GAA skills with Noel and the infant room June 5, 2018
- Love Where You Live June 5, 2018
- Paired Art with the junior room and senior room boys May 3, 2018
- Testing waterproof materials April 26, 2018
- Parent reading programme 2018 April 25, 2018
- Parish concert 2018 April 25, 2018
- Spring in bloom around St Joseph’s NS April 24, 2018
- Solas art gallery April 24, 2018
- (no title) April 18, 2018
- This week in St. Joseph’s NS (9th-13th April) April 13, 2018
- Aughavas Community Calling Facebook and Twitter April 13, 2018
- Sharon Fongkongf Foran visits our school April 13, 2018
- Aughavas Welcomes You April 13, 2018
- Aughavas Community Calling April 2, 2018
- Easter Egg Hunt 2018 April 2, 2018
- Lá na Gaeilge 23rd March 2018 April 2, 2018
Many thanks to Solas Art Gallery for framing and displaying our art works over the last few years. Lots of budding artists in Aughavas!
For the past number of years the Clan Cluana theatre company, run by Michael Langton, has visited St Joseph’s NS and performed a drama based on an Irish legend. As well as being educational, this is highly enjoyable! Today’s drama was based on stories of young Fionn MacCumhaill.
This is one of the many events that happen in our school..
*We hit the ground running after our Easter break!
*We are busy preparing for the Aughavas Parish Concert which takes place on Friday the 27th April in the community centre. We look forward to seeing you all there for a night of great entertainment!
*Our senior classes are in Leitrim Village today taking part in an inter schools soccer competition.
*2nd class are busily preparing for their First Confession which takes place at 7:30pm Thursday in St Joseph’s Church.
*Our budding scientists in the infant room are exploring the wonderful science equipment donated to their room by Sharon Foran (look out for Sharon’s testimonial about her move to Aughavas on the aughavascommunitycalling facebook page. It makes for wonderful reading!)
A Facebook page has been launched for this campaign. The page is called aughavascommunitycalling. Please give this page a like,share and a follow.
A Twitter account has also been set up.
If you would like to know more about relocating to Aughavas, enrolling in our school or any other information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
— Aughavascommunitycalling (@Aughavascalling) April 10, 2018
Sharon is a new member of the Aughavas community,having moved here a year ago with her husband Richard.
Sharon was a teacher and kept a lot of her resources and shipped them to Ireland when she moved. She has very kindly donated a large quantity of resources to the school,in particular to the infant room.
Thank you Sharon! We look forward to using these fantastic resources.
A committee was recently established as part of an initiative to promote our school and our parish in the hope of attracting new people to the area. To get this campaign off the ground, a competition was held to pick a logo, a slogan and a name for the campaign.
Pictured below are the winners – Matthew Canning, Meadhbh McNamara and Michael Flynn. Also pictured below are the many entries received from members of the community as well as children in the school. Thank you to all who took part and thank you to Leonie McKiernan who sponsored two of the prizes.
THE TEAMS FOR OUR EASTER EGG HUNT
SEARCHING FOR EGGS WITH PARTNERS AND RETURNING THEM TO MRS EGAN. AT THE END OF THE EASTER EGG HUNT EVERY CHILD GOT AN EGG.