- 100th customer March 15, 2018
- Scór na mbunscoil March 15, 2018
- Leitrim’s Sportshall Athletics Primary School Competition March 15, 2018
- Pancake Tuesday 😋 March 15, 2018
- Enrolment and Information Evening February 22, 2018
- For the day that’s in it…❄⛄❄⛄ February 13, 2018
- Gardening with Wayne – February 2018 February 12, 2018
- Snow fun 9/2/18 ⛄❄⛄❄ February 11, 2018
- Primary Aquatics Water Safety Certificates February 11, 2018
- Credit Union Quiz 2018 February 11, 2018
- Reading buddies/paired reading – junior room and senior room February 11, 2018
- Public Meeting Postponed February 1, 2018
- Parish Information Meeting – Info from Parents Association January 12, 2018
- Cumann na mBunscol Hurling Blitz January 12, 2018
- School Shop January 12, 2018
- Carol Service 2017 January 11, 2018
- Christmas Plays 2017 January 11, 2018
- Christmas Raffle 2017 December 31, 2017
- Book Fair Competition Winners November 30, 2017
- Book Fair 2017 November 17, 2017
A follow up public meeting due to be held in the school this evening has been postponed as a mark of respect to the Moran family, Aughavas, on the death of Teresa, a colleague and friend. RIP.
YOU ARE INVITED TO A PARISH INFORMATION MEETING
On Wednesday 17th January @ 8.30pm in St Joseph’s N.S. Aughavas
- How we can promote our country school, how it benefits the children & families of our parish.
- How to sustain the parish NS as a three teacher school.
- Future enrolment issues, afterschool care and other related matters.
We would appreciate your attendance to support your parish & local school
Refreshments will be served on the night.
On Thursday 11th January the children from the middle room attended a hurling blitz in Ballinamore Sports Complex.
Maths/ Enterprise Project
We, the pupils of 6th Class, have recently set up a shop within our school as part of an Enterprise Project. We were first divided into different groups, each with different roles. Our Market Research Team initially carried out research to find out whether there was a need for a shop and to identify our target market. Once the need was established, we set up our shop with a total of nine investors- eight pupils and our teacher.
Our Purchasing Team rang many suppliers to try and obtain the most suitable supplier. We had lots of fun haggling and bargaining to get the best discount! Once our suppliers were secured, the Pricing and Accounts Team drew up our first order. They calculated the cost price, the selling price and subsequently and most importantly our profit margins!
Our teacher then purchased our first line up of stock, which included pencils, rubbers, sharpeners, pens, rulers, copies, math sets and pencil grips. The Merchandising Team prepared the shop making it very attractive for all our prospective buyers.
Our shop launched on Wednesday, the 13th of December. It was a great success and continues to be. Our Advertising Team did a great job promoting the shop around the school and they continue to develop new promotion strategies to entice new customers.
On the 8th December a carol service was held in our school. The children sang songs,played tin whistle tunes, read prayers and took part in a short nativity to show the story of Christmas. After the carol service the Parents Association kindly organised refreshments for everyone. They also organised a raffle which took place on the night. Thank you to everyone who came on the night and supported the raffle.
On the night each person was given a Christmas decoration made by the children in the school.
MAKING THE DECORATIONS:
On Thursday 21st December we held our annual Christmas performance where children from each classroom were involved in a play. The junior room play was called ‘A Snowman at sunset’. The middle room play was called ‘Hey Ewe’ and the senior room play was called ‘Lotto Dreams’.
Please click on the above image to view winners in our recent Christmas raffle.
Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful 2018.
Seamus and staff of St. Joseph’s N.S.
A competition was held within the school in conjunction with the Book Fair. One child from each class was chosen as a winner and their prize was a lovely new book. Thank you to everyone who supported our Book Fair.
Junior infants – Amy McBrien
Senior infants – Kurt Kennington
1st class – Gráinne Cooke
2nd class – Darragh McBrien
3rd class – Chloe McIntyre
4th class – Joey McBrien
5th class – Conor Shortt
6th class – Zach Galligan
The Book Fair will be arriving at the school on Tuesday next, 21st November for one week. Children will have the opportunity to browse the book fair on Wednesday 22nd November and can purchase books on Thursday 23rd , Friday 24th & Monday 27th November.
On Thursday evening from 2p.m. – 4p.m. parents are invited to visit the book fair – an ideal Christmas shopping opportunity! This is also a great way of helping the school as we get commission on orders to buy books for the school.
Your child has been sent home with a brochure with some of the books available. There will also be many more books at the book fair. We look forward to seeing you on Thursday 23rd November.
Ceri Gooheen Marian Crinnigan